Saturday, November 30, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving ! ღ 12

Happy Thanksgiving y'all !


Life has been crazy lately. Too many essays to write and give back, exams to prepare and sit ... Well, wait ! I actually had no life last week ! I have been under pressure everyday, even during my sleep ! So I was absolutely wrecked yesterday and Thank's God, it's Saturday and I can finally relax ! The past three days were terrible. I failed one my exams and the two I sat on Wednesday were a disaster. I have also received a negative answer for an internship. Back to the start. For a few days, I was miserable. I didn't feel like studying, I cried for hours and woke up with big red eyes the next morning. 

Finally, on Thursday evening, magic happened ! We had our friends coming for Thanksgiving, so Guillaume and I cooked, decorated a little our home and listened to Christmas song. This was nothing, but it really cheered me up ! Our dinner was a success, a simple moment we shared with people we care about. It was no big deal, pretty modest actually. I guess it was nothing like in America, but we just shared a good time and I kept thinking of how grateful I was.




I am thankful for ... having so many good and inspiring people in my life. There was a time I felt lonely and betrayed. A time I didn't trust anyone but myself. Now I can say that I am not a popular gal, but I have very kind friends who have been there for three years, ten years. The number is not important, but the quality matters. I am grateful to have them in my life.

I am thankful for ... having spent two more years with Granny. Two years ago, in November, I have almost lost her forever. This period of the year makes me sad, because these are terrible memories. I keep seeing her in her hospital room, unable to speak and move. It was a shock. But meanwhile, I am so blessed that she is still with us, that she fought and is healthy. That day, in November 10th 2011, our lives have changed, but it could have been worse. I love you Granny !

I am thankful for ... having such a lovely, crazy and amazing family. First, I have Guillaume, who is an awesome boyfriend, who keeps cheering me up and making me laugh. He brings me so much love and happiness ... I would never be the same without him ! Then, I have my parents, my brother and Benji. They are so supportive and so helpful, I wonder how I would do if they were not there for me ! There are also my aunts and uncles, who have welcomed me in their home for months, who are helping me finding an internship and teaching me that life can be tough but is definitely worth it. And I also have my lovely cousin Zoe, who emails me from time to time and makes me laugh. She is the little sister I never had and I miss her a lot !

I am thankful for ... all the experiences I had this year. I have been lucky. Sometimes, I think I am cursed, because I keep struggling with my studies and complaining over and over again. And then I remember that I got my degree in June, that I have spent four months in the country of my dreams, partying and spending time with my lovely family. I remember that I have met new people, that I had incredible adventures abroad. Cursed or not, I also got into the Master's degree I was dreaming of. It did not turned as good as it seemed, but yet, I got in. I wish 2014 will be as good :)




I hope you had a fantastic time with your friends and family ! Have a nice week end !

No comments:

Post a Comment

.PageList { text-align:center !important; } .PageList li { display:inline !important; float:none !important; }