Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Goodbye 2013 ! Hello 2014 !



2013 has been a very special year to me. From January to May, I had the experience of a lifetime and had the chance to live in my dream country: Ireland. I took my small car all along the Brittany coasts, took a boat for 18 hours and learnt how to drive on the left side. I have lived for four months with incredible people who were and will always be a great inspiration in my life: my uncle, my aunt and my cousin. I have spent quality time with Zoe and get closer to her, I now consider her as a little sister. I have also met new people and rediscovered others. For the first time in my life, I have realized that some of my friends were really important to me, that I could rely on them no matter the distance or our past.




In 2013, I have been away from Guillaume for four months, for the second time since we are together. This time, he has been the one waiting for me to come home. He has been incredibly patient and supportive, he opened up about his feelings and his fears. And he has been a wonderful boyfriend in the good as in the bad moments. This year was a huge step forward for us, since we moved together in September. After dreaming of it for a year or so, we found the perfect little place for the both of us. It took me time to realize how much I loved it, how cozy it was and that actually, it was our home. We have also celebrated our third year as a couple !


In 2013, I got my bachelor degree in English and finished up a three years program in my former university. I passed with pretty good grades, which gave me the opportunity to enter in a master in tourism. I remember how excited I was when I was accepted ! I moved to a new city, went to a new university and studied new courses. But actually, things did not turn that well ... I could not say if it was a good or a bad thing. This is probably a lesson I should learn from last year: never take things for granted. It is not because you succeed in one thing that you will always be successful. Even if you struggle, you have to do your best and fight for your dreams and what you believe in.


I wish 2014 will be as good as 2013, because even if I felt hopeless and confused sometimes, I have been lucky and I am thankful for all the wonderful moments I had and shared with amazing people ! I want 2014 to be about love, friendship and success (big word, but I just want to prove myself that I can do it !). In 2014, I will also be healthier, because love is also about loving myself and treating my body well. I am also really concerned about the spiritual side of it, so I will stop thinking of those who have been hurting me in the past. I will try to forgive and forget. In 2014, I will be more of an adult than a girl. I will be more mature and responsible; I want to be a good person.

To all of you who are stopping by and reading me, I wish you a Happy New Year. I wish you health, happiness, love and success ! May 2014 be yours ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

.PageList { text-align:center !important; } .PageList li { display:inline !important; float:none !important; }